Friday, February 29, 2008

Maybe you shouldn't order cakes over the phone.

So I got this story emailed to me from Rob, and I just had to pass it on.

Okay, so this is how I imagine this conversation went:

Walmart Employee: 'Hello 'dis Walmarts, how can I help you?'
Customer: 'Yes, I would like to order a cake for a going away party this week.'
Walmart Employee: 'What you want on the cake?'
Customer: 'Best Wishes Suzanne ' and underneath that 'We will miss you'.

Now scroll down and check the picture.

















Sad but true - this actually happened.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's funny---i don't know the story but i'm picturing the cake decorator as a linguistically unobservant ethnocentric (White) person who considers the orderer so "other" that she/he either (a) doesn't even try to figure out the sense intended or (b) deliberately fucks it up.

but, as i say, i don't know the story. ;)

thejayman68 said...

I'll go with option b!