Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Sleeping too fast

Every night after Sam goes to bed we usually hear him running around upstairs, and after a while, one of us will go upstairs and grab him and put him back to bed. Sometimes he will just sit at the top of the stairs and call to us or rattle the gate.

After two or three times of this, I'll go up and threaten to lock his door if he comes out of his room again. That usually works like a charm.

Last night, however, when he came out of his room for the third time, I stood at the bottom of the stairs and told him very sternly that he'd better get his butt back in bed unless he wanted me to come up and put him in bed and lock his door.

He told me couldn't go to bed then because his mouth hurt. Naturally I asked him why.

He said it got hurt because he "was sleeping too fast."

I'm still trying to puzzle that one out!

No comments: