Sunday, March 16, 2008

Stupid people suck

Last night I posted some pictures of Sam (who else!). I got a comment this morning from an unknown user that had a link in it. So I clicked the link and it took me to a web site that was actively trying to infect my computer with some nasty virus. Unfortunately for this moron, it'll take a lot more than that to get to me. However, other people may not be quite so vigilant as I am about their computers!

I have deleted the comment and turned on a verification procedure so that any time someone posts a comment, I'll have to "accept" it before it can be posted. Sorry for the delay! At this point, Blogger doesn't seem to be able to do anything about it. (If you search through their help materials, you'll find a ton of people with this complaint in the last month alone.)

Also, if you were unfortunate enough to see the comment and click the link before this morning, you would see this (it's only a screenshot--not the actual site):



Clicking on anything on that screen would begin the infection process. Nice, huh? It looks all official and everything.

ccccxxxxxxxxcccccccfdllkii <---- That's the part of this post that Sam wrote.

Anyway, if you happen to see this screen and click something, the good news is that I've already seen this on 2 other computers and the program needed to fix it can be found at www.malwarebytes.org. (I'd recommend downloading that sucker and hanging on to it anyway...just in case!)

Okay, the rant is over. Have a nice day!

1 comment:

annie said...

Jeesh, whatever will they think of next! Sure am glad we have a computer expert in our family!