Saturday, March 22, 2008

More in the "Adventures of Stupid People"

Today I woke up (not unusual) and checked my email (also not unusual!) and saw that I had another comment posted on one of my pages. As you may remember from last week I had a "browser drive-by shooting" in a comment left on the blog that would actively try to infect your PC if you clicked on the posted link. So that's why I turned on the comment moderation feature. It works fine, and in fact I caught another one this morning and deleted the link before it was posted.

I have again reported the user to Google/Blogger and I presume that by now the FBI is knocking down the guys door ready to pour the hot wax on him.

OK, maybe they don't react quite as quickly as I'd like, but they did shut down the last poster's site and deleted his account. And I'm certain they don't react as forcefully as I'd like!

I have a theory on this: I think it's probably some kind of automated bot type of thing that someone has programmed to more or less randomly visit blog pages and post the offending links.

DIE ROBOT SPAMMERS! DIE! (Did I say that out loud? Yes I did.)

Anyway, here's the important part: Never clink on links in a comment! Ever!

Have a nice day!

No comments: